Thursday, December 20, 2012

Half done planking!

Spreading epoxy on to the boat in order to attach plank 3 on the port side. We had to work as a team.

We clamped plank 3 to the stem using a squeeze clamp.

  We used the claw side of the hammer as a lever to put the wedges in the plywood clamps.

We glanced underneath the boat & looked for gaps, if a gap was found it had to be clamped. Also, cleaned up extra glue.

We used a rabbet plane to cut the gain.
We prepped the boat for plank 4.

We spoke-shaved the rudder to make it hydrodynamic.
We used a power plane to flatten a 2" surface where the keel will sit.


No comments:

Post a Comment